Thursday, November 22, 2012

davmail crashing on startup

so, I finally updated davmail (4.1.0-2042 ) after it asking me to for literally years. But when it started up startup, it immediately crashed. At the same time, I got an error relating to the jre. A quick google got me to some information about how sometimes the open jdk is better than the sun java. So I checked which one I was running with:
sudo update-alternatives --config java
 which gives me:
There are 3 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).
  Selection    Path                                            Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
  0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1061      auto mode
  *1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java             63        manual mode
 2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1051      manual mode
Press enter to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number:
I switched to  [2], and now it runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment