Tuesday, January 3, 2012

could not start process unable to create io-slave klauncher said unknown protocol 'file'

Started getting this error as a pop-up every 10 minutes or so after the recent update: "could not start process unable to create io-slave klauncher said unknown protocol 'file'" with the title of some of my google calendars.

At first I assumed it was a thunderbird problem because I had to delete those calendars from thunderbird because they had stopped working completely with a thunderbird upgrade. However, a quick check of my System Activity showed some akondai resources that when killed caused the same pop-up box to show up. Lo and behold, I had attempted to use akonadi to sync them once upon a time and on the recent update this had started working again. Deleted those from the resources list via Settings->Personal information->Akonadi and we are now annoying pop-up free.

No comments:

Post a Comment